Search my blog

Wednesday 11 January 2012

More bloods

IMG_3859_HDR_500

I’ve been at the hospital most of the day today or should I say hospitals as I had to go two of them.

Note: This should have been posted on Tuesday, but didn’t get around to it until this morning Wednesday, so the blood I am is today is Wednesday

The results of my bone marrow aren’t back yet, so I still have to wait to find out what is going on with my body and bone marrow before moving forward with the Lenalidomide treatment. The test I asked for to see if I had this CD44 protein that could inhibit the effectiveness of the Lenalidomide wasn’t back either. My HB is low so I need another couple of units of blood again hence I had to go over to Chester once I had finished at Liverpool hospital to have a cross match done ready for tomorrow.

My temp yesterday was up and down and was spiking at 38, but seems ok today. I had a chest X-Ray done, just in case and they have put me on oral Antibiotics, rather than keep me in thank goodness. I also have had my Pentamidine  today as well. I had to go back up to the day clinic on 10z to have some line cultures done as well, just in case I had an infection in the line, but I don’t think that is the case.

So I finally got out of the hospital at about 3:30 I gave another day clinic patient a lift home as I was passing near his home on the way to Chester. He had been waiting nearly two hours for his taxi/ambulance to turn up!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a kind-hearted soul, Sean. I am intending that good things are coming your way now!!!

    ReplyDelete