Search my blog

Thursday 20 October 2011

Day 14 - First night at home

I don't know if it was because I was more relaxed at home or some other reason, but I wasn't well last night. After coming home and settling down after charitio made me something to eat, I caught up on a bit of TV.

After I sorted all of my tablets out for the night and went to bed. The one thing I didn't do was take the anti sickness ones. The reason being is that I wasn't on the anti sickness pump yesterday at at all and I didn't feel sick, so thought I could get away with out them, I was wrong!

I was sick two or three times in the night and haven't felt well most of today. Spent the morning on the sofa and went to get a drink and immediately was sick. I've taken the anti sickness today but obviously it isn't as good as a pump as I was sick. My temperature has been fine, so just need to get over this sickness and I will be OK.

I just had to have a break from writing this, to be sick again! Thank goodness for plastic bowls.

Apart from the sickness I'm doing ok. The pain in my back and ribs was quite bad this morning after the rough night though. I did discover though that if charitio rubbed my back it made it feel much better which enabled me to go down stairs to take my tablets.

I haven't eaten anything so far today and not sure I will while I keep being sick, but will try and drink some more. The problem is at the moment it just keeps coming back up, I will just take it easy and slow.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that the drug used after allos can
    be hell on the stomach. You may have to keep taking your anti-seasickness meds until they start tapering that drug down.
    I know one allo patient who drank ginger beer(not really a beer) to calm his tummy.
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you sean, and hoping you are feeling much better. it's so good that your back is soothed by charito's TLC - i bet it helps her, too, not feeling so helpless seeing her man feeling so uncomfortable. i know you have a lot of followers of your blog who are cheering you on though this rough patch, including me. i hope each day is a little bit better. karen

    ReplyDelete