Search my blog

Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Dead Sea Scrolls

The oldest known biblical manuscript in existence is available online thanks to Google.

From the desert to the web: bringing the Dead Sea scrolls online

The Great Isaiah Scrolls

There are other manuscripts available as well.

Don’t you just love technology.

It’s a shame we can’t go back in time and archive the library of Alexandria before they were destroyed. So much information lost.

However as we all know there is so much information in that there is too much to take in. I love books and I love information. I hope we never lose real book, I don’t think tablets and iPads can replace the feeling of turning the page.


Ecclesiastes 12:12
Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.
- New International Version (©1984)

2 comments:

  1. yeh yazmin has an amazon kindle and spends most of her time with her nose in it but she still loves lending paper books from the library too. Its a pain when a parent refuses to download another book at not much cheaper than w h smiths selling price! bought her a hardback the other week of a book that had been out a month because it was cheaper in the shops than on amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Did you make this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my very own website and want to find out
    where you got this from or just what the theme is called.
    Thank you!

    my web page baju keren pria (kiwibox.com)

    ReplyDelete