Search my blog

Thursday 10 February 2011

PAD News

Another visit to the hospital and more bad news. I was told today that the treatment that I was going to start, the velcade and dexamethasone, probably wouldn’t work and only give me a partial remission due to the fact that the Myeloma is now attacking my body very aggressively. I asked about another transplant and was told that it’s likely it wouldn’t work and could cause irreparable damage that they then wouldn’t be able to treat. The answer at the moment it to fight the myeloma the same way as it is attacking me, with more aggressively treatment to combat it. I will be starting on a PAD regime, which is made up of Bortezomid (Velcade), Doxorubicin (another Chemo) and Dexamethasone.

I will be having a picc line fitted (probably tomorrow) and the Doxorubicin is administered through a slow release pump that I will have to wear and is released slowly over 96 hours. I will also be receiving the Velcade on a Monday and Thursday, so lots of visits to the hospital. I may also need to receive more platelets or blood at times as well.

Side effects include: Sickness, Hair loss, possibly become neutropenic, low platelets and low immune system, which means no work again for a while, if at all.

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry you can't have the treatment you hoped for are they sure tho this agressive treatment will help. I hope so. I wonder why they didn't try it before. I really hope this is the answer and gives you the good news you hope for. It is not for the want of trying. All the best on this new treatment. Carol J

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love solo tenemos q rezar mucho para q esto salga todo bien todavia tenemos q ser positivos my amor si DIOS esta con nosotros el no esta dando muchas pruebas y lo vamos a pasar si si tu vas aser vencedor .TE AMO MUCHISIMO POR SIEMPRE . CHARITO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cancer is agressive eh? It doesn't know you very well yet then! Give it all your agression sean, fight, fight , fight. We're all right behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. above was from the ex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genuinely no matter if someone doesn't understand then its up to other people that they will help, so here it takes place.


    My website - manhattan mold inspection ()

    ReplyDelete