Search my blog

Monday 28 February 2011

Hickman line

I had a phone call today from the hospital to let me know that I will be having my Hickman line fitted on Wednesday. I have to be at the hospital at 9am for the usual test etc prior to having it fitted. I’m not overly concerned about it as I have had one before. Although it was uncomfortable as they had to push hard to get it in, which caused quite a bit of bruising, it didn’t hurt as much as the PICC line in my arm. I might regret saying that now, as it will probably hurt like hell!

I’m at the hospital tomorrow again for them to check my bloods and see if I need more platelets etc.

The weekend has gone OK although I can feel my body trying to cope with the various drugs. I’ve been very tired and have fallen asleep in the chair a couple of time, which is very unusual for me. I’ve been getting up early still and had what feels like trapped wind all of the time. I’m not sure if it’s been a combination of having the various chemo/Velcade/Bloods/Platelets or antibiotics that have made feel like this. I’m still on the antibiotics for the next couple of days to make sure that everything has cleared up prior to having the Hickman fitted.