Search my blog

Wednesday 24 November 2010

New Date

I feel as though I have neglected my blogging over the last few weeks, so thought it about time to write something.

I have a new date for my appointment at the hospital again. It was supposed to be mid January, but I have had a letter asking me to go on the 29 December. I think my Dr is on holiday in January; at least I’m hoping it’s that and they don’t want me earlier for any other reasons, such as giving me bad news! I’m sure if it was bad news though, they would have me in earlier still (wouldn’t they!!!)

I’ve been doing more with my photography and had my first family shoot on Monday. It went really well and I will be putting up some pics for everyone to see. I could put some up now, but I haven’t shown the family yet and I don’t want to spoil the surprise (good one I hope) for them.

For those that have said that they would like me to take some photos of them, I have created an online form to help me out. Just fill it in and I will get back to you.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dENsSUV6UnhQeXB4RUZPZ2sxYmxUeWc6MQ

I learned a lot from my first shoot, the first being I’m nowhere near as fit as I used to be, I’m still aching now after a few days. I’m not sure if it is because I haven’t done anything strenuous for a while (not that it was too strenuous for a person in good health) or its the myeloma/treatment still. Hopefully it will be get better with each one I do.

I did really enjoy it though and the results are looking good, even if I do say so myself. Ideally I would love to do this full time as it is so rewarding. After these few free ones that I am doing, I will start to charge for them and see how it goes. I’d much rather be doing photography for the rest of my life (no matter how short or long) than in a stressful job that doesn’t have the same rewards (providing something that is appreciated). So maybe it is time for a complete career change.  At first it will be only word of mouth, so if I do take some photos of you, please let others know how pleased you were with them and ask them to give me a call or let me know and I will contact them (or better still, get them to fill in the form).

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure if it was really important bad news they would see you sooner - but then again - No, I'm just kidding! ;D

    ReplyDelete