Search my blog

Sunday 22 August 2010

Getting Ready

I have been getting ready for my stay in hospital. I go into the Royal tomorrow at about 2pm, Chris (next door) has kindly offered to take me in. We went around to Chris and Jodie’s last night, Jodie prepared some lovely food as usual and is doing very well with her not smoking (keep up the good work Jodie, I don’t want to come out and find out you have given in – Chris don’t make it any more difficult  than it is, you know what you are like winding  people up!).

Thanks to everyone who has sent me good wishes etc. I will have access to the internet while I am away, not sure how often I will be blogging, I suppose it depend on how I feel. I will try as much as I can. I’m also taking in a headset and webcam to chat to family, probably through gtalk. So if you want the details, let me know your gmail address. Of course these plans all may go to pot if I find out I can’t use them or I’m too i’ll.

I’ve decided to shave my head again before going in. I gather it will take a couple of weeks after the chemo before it will fall out anyway, but i’d rather not have to bother with getting my head shaved after it begins to fall out.

It’s typical though, I woke up this morning with a sore throat and ear ache, I’m just hoping that this wont cause any delays with the planned process. It’s probably just caused by me worrying though and hopefully nothing to be too concerned about.

I will blog tomorrow once I have settled in.

The plan of action, as far as I am aware is:

Monday: Settle in.
Tuesday: Central line put in chest
Wednesday: Chemo day
Thursday: Previously harvested stem cells put back into me (Engraftment)
Rest of the time: recovery process.

1 comment:

  1. My love , YOU will recovery very soon . DIOS TE VA CURAR , EL TE A MANDADO ESTA PRUEVA Y TU LO VAS A PASAR PRONTO SI MY LOVE. QUE DIOS TE BENDIGA Y TE CUIDE MUCHO CUANDO TE AGAN TU TRANSPLANTE, YO SE QUE TODO VA SALIR BIEN MY LOVE , DIOS VA SER UN MILAGRO PARA TI PORQUE EL
    TE AMA MUCHO , TODO LOS DIAS ORO POR TI Y POR TODOS PORQ TU SABES Q MY FAMILIA TE QUIERE MUCHISIMO SI,I LOVE YOU LOTS FOREVER. CHARITO.

    ReplyDelete