Search my blog

Thursday 21 January 2010

Lack of Sleep and Chemo




I didn’t sleep very well last night. I don’t know why, but I was just lying there awake. I did consider getting up and trying to read, but that isn’t something that I can do much of when I’m wide awake  at the moment with my concentration levels the way they are, so decided to stay in bed and try and get back to sleep. I did manage to drop off a few times, but not for long. Every time I looked at the clock I was hoping it was much later (or earlier) than it was.

By the time the alarm went off, I really wanted to stay in bed! I forced myself to get up and made my way to the bathroom, which is only about 15 foot away from my bed, but felt like 15 miles. I’m just exhausted!

Today is my Chemo day as well, so I don’t anticipate that I will feel better later on. I’ve decided to have the day off work today. With feeling tired to start with and taking my Cyclophosphomide I really don’t think I’m going to be of any use to anyone today. I’d rather be at home feeling ill than in work wishing I was at home. At least here I can go to bed whenever I feel like it for a rest.