Search my blog

Thursday 17 December 2009

Medical Alert info (ICE)

I forgot to mention that I now have various medical alert info in case of emergency.

I wear a medical alert wrist band that displays my name, what I suffer with and my NHS number.

There is a medical alert card in my wallet containing further details along with a special card with a link and unique id to a web site that contains all my medical records.

I also wear a medical alert necklace that is a USB fob, again containing my crucial medical details.

On my phone I have installed an App that anyone can see when they first turn my phone on that gives them details who to call and my conditions. (ICE) In Case of Emergency

So with all of the above they should be able to find out what is wrong with me if I have an accident or for what ever reason not able to communicate.

Better to be safe than sorry. I don’t want them giving me any medication that could make me worse.

I have to carry a steroid users card as well with me at all times.