Search my blog

Saturday 14 November 2009

We met Elizabeth Taylor today

We went to a Living with Cancer Information Session today. The session was led by Liz Taylor (Macmillan support and Information Manager). Myself and Charito spent about an hour and half talking to her along with another person who has cancer. I found it very informative and she gave us some practical advice.

The sessions are held every second Saturday in the month, apart from a few like December, where she has found people don’t turn up because of Christmas.

Liz is going to put us in contact with a group that is trying to set up a meet in Chester at a pub for younger people like myself (yes I did say younger, as it is apparently unusual for a person of my age to get myeloma, they are normally in their 60’s or 70’s. aren’t I the lucky one).

The next session at the Healthy Living Centre, Civic Hall, Civic Way, Ellesmere Port CH65 0AZ is to be held on the 9 January – Nutritional Awareness. This will be led by Carol Moris-Lewis, Wiral Holistic Care. All are welcome, it isn’t just for Cancer Patients. I have the schedule till the end of June if anyone wants to see it, just let me know.