Search my blog

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Change of appointment .. or was it

Just had a letter off the hospital telling me that they have changed the appointment.  I have my first appointment tomorrow at 11am.

I read it and it said it had been changed to the Thursday at 9:00am.

So I updated my diary with the details, thinking typical my first appointment and they have changed it already.

It wasn’t until I had updated my diary that I re-read the letter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

An appointment was made for you with HAEMATOLOGY CONSULTANTS at the Haemtology & Oncology Suite, in the Orange Zone, at the countess of Chester hospital on:

12 November 2009 at 11:00 am

Unfortunately, we have had to change this appointment. Your NEW appointment is on:

Thursday 5 November 2009 at 9:00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you spot the obvious?

Due to the postal strike, I only got this letter on the 10 Nov. My original appointment was for the 12 Nov which the telephoned me and changed to the 5 Nov. This was the letter confirming that telephone conversation.

It’s a good Job I re-read it!